Experience the majesty of nature on a three-hour whale watching tour on the west end of the Big Island! Use the hydrophone and hear the whale songs.
About Captain Zodiac
Hawaii’s original rafting tour company with over 45 years of experience, this business qualifies in part for its commitment to safety, an extensive employee training program, eco-friendly operational practices and public education, local purchasing, its numerous industry awards, engine oil and other forms of recycling, no-emission motors, efforts to promote Hawaiian culture, and significant contributions to various community organizations.
Integrity and Stewardship in Action
We work to create connection to the past, present, and future through sustainable travel. Initiated in 2005, the Kuleana Green Business Program is the first program in the State of Hawai`i that promotes ethical and socially responsible business practices and environmental stewardship among every sector of the local economy. Chamber businesses qualify as program members by demonstrating their kuleana (right and responsibility) to generate profits while also creating positive impacts in their social and natural environments. As business citizens, they set high standards of integrity, commitment and respect in their engagement with employees, customers, community, and the environment.
Want join our cause? Check out the information below!
Interested business owners complete the Kuleana Program Application and indicate how they demonstrate kuleana principles and practices in their everyday operations. This is reviewed by the Chamber’s Kuleana Program Committee, which also may conduct interviews and/or on-site inspections, request manuals, information and reports, examine relevant industry standards, and check their status with the Better Business Bureau and other relevant agencies. The Committee determines eligibility based on an overall score. Compliance can be based on the production, purchase, use, sales, or promotion of products or services according to the following criteria:
• Product/Service Quality
• Unique products / services that deliver benefits to consumers, society and the environment.
• Community Relations & Benefits
• Activities that help the community to flourish socially, culturally, and economically.
• Customer Relations
• Strategies to provide outstanding service and attain customer loyalty.
• Employee Relations
• Policies for hiring and retaining employees, and for promoting accountability
• Environmental Stewardship
• Actions to minimize the business’ impact on the land, and efforts to conserve and regenerate resources.
A business must be engaged in at least four qualifying strategies per category in order to meet the minimum membership criteria. Above that threshold, members can attain higher levels of recognition as they integrate additional kuleana approaches in their business, as follows:
• Level 1: A business embarking on the journey (score of 100-125)
• Level 2: A business making a stronger commitment (scores of 130-160)
• Level 3: A business that is more completely integrated (score of 165-195)
• Level 4: A business demonstrating mastery (score of 200-245)
• Level 5: A business exhibiting outstanding leadership (score of 250-390)
Because of their commitment to the “triple bottom line” of financial, social and environmental performance, green businesses enjoy a number of competitive advantages:
• Improved financial performance, increased profit and greater access to capital;
• Greater efficiency, productivity and quality;
• Increased sales from enhanced brand image, reputation, and customer loyalty;
• Greater ability to attract, motivate and retain a talented workforce; and
• Better management of risk to their reputation, finances, and business environment.
Beat the crowd and enjoy more time snorkeling at the Kealakekua Bay, one of Hawaii’s premier snorkel spots with incredible visibility and calm conditions, on this five-hour tour! This is the longer tour compared to our original Kealakekua Bay Snorkeling Tour.